790 chemin Olivier, Levis (5 min from the bridges)
Finar is a fast-growing steel building manufacturing company that does things differently. Our way of working is rooted in human values. Being part of the Finar team means contributing to the good of the whole in a friendly, open, and accessible environment. It also means sharing the pride that comes from seeing the tangible results of each project, knowing that your skills, ideas, and personal touch help us build better every day.
With the significant increase in our business volume, we're expanding our team and opening up new positions, including that of Structural Engineer. If you fit the bill, you'll have the opportunity to be part of a skilled team truly dedicated to the success of our clients' projects.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design steel structures and building foundations in accordance with codes and standards in Eastern Canada
- Supervise production of plans for projects under your responsibility
- Design and check certain connections required by the shop drawing team
- Solve technical issues that may arise from design to delivery
- Draft site instructions
- Support the Estimates and Sales Department whenever a structural engineer's expertise is required
- Monitor projects for compliance with CSA A660 “Certification of Manufacturers of Steel Building Systems”
- Provide technical support to the Manufacturing and Construction departments for projects under your responsibility
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Member of Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering
- 5 to 15 years of experience as a structural and/or connections engineer
- Experience in steel structures (required)
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills and sense of initiative
- Knowledge of engineering design software and proficiency with Office Suite
- Knowledge of ADA and/or SDS2 software (an asset)
Reimbursement of OIQ membership dues and training costs.
At Finar, we're all about living our best life. Our benefits package is more than just a pension plan and group insurance. It covers three key aspects of life: health, career, and balance.
Level of education:
Bachelor's in civil engineering
5 to 15 years
Allow us to discover you, a great career awaits you at Finar!
Your application has been submitted!
Thank you for your interest in Finar. We take the time to review each application and contact those selected for an initial interview.